Continuing Professional Development
Dr Siobhan Neary of the University of Derby presented to FET adult guidance staff on Professional Identity. Dr Neary is Principal Researcher (Career Development) at the International Centre for Guidance Studies, University of Derby in England. Dr Neary oversees the Centre's continuing professional development (CPD), workforce development and teaching activities. She has a background in the guidance sector which encompasses more than twenty years working as a practitioner, trainer, manager and lecturer.
In this CPD workshop, Dr Neary addresses some of the key factors that contribute to the development of professional identity including:-
- The changing nature of careers work;
- Specialist knowledge;
- How practitioners communicate to others who they are and what they do;
- Developing a shared vision;
- Informing Service development and delivery and
- Professional roles and standards.
Video on Professional Identity