Adult Guidance Framework
Delivering adult guidance involves a team approach to ensure that clients’ needs are addressed throughout. Adult guidance encompasses pre-entry, entry, on-going and pre-exit stages.
By providing quality information and guidance prior to entry, throughout the course of study, and prior to leaving a programme of study, clients are assured of support, both in terms of educational achievement and career development. This model encompasses educational, vocational and social aspects of the client’s progression. Guidance is based, both within formal learning environments, such as the Educational Training Boards and within the community. Methodologies include:
- quality information provision which is tailored to the client’s needs;
- ‘one to one’ guidance;
- group guidance and
- outreach provision to suit the particular needs of the client and/or group;
- follow-up, if so required, after completion of a course of study.
- Does your service need to further develop its links and relationships with other organisations?
- Can you identify some potential partnership opportunities for the future in your local area?